Friday, January 04, 2008

More UFO's Bite the Dust!

There were 6 of us at the sew-in on New Years Day. Everyone brought superbowl type snack food and everyone worked on their own projects. No sports tv or radio broadcasts could be heard; only the sound of the sewing machines and ladies chattering about fabric.
Finished the top of this batik spider web. We officially dubbed it "Piece 'O Pie" because they are more like pieces of pie than of cake! I can move this one from UFO to Ready to Quilt!
This next one I started this one just before Christmas 2006, and didn't get it done in time for gift giving, so it ended up in the UFO pile. Just needed the borders completed. It is all flannels and very scrappy. The pattern is Terry Atkinson's "Cheese and Crackers". It took longer to the borders than the inside of the quilt. The pattern wasn't with the pattern so wasn't real clear on what you were supposed to do in the corners, so I just winged it, and just used all blues (no lights) in the corners. Another one moved from the UFO list to the Ready To Quilt list.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You gave me a great idea for finishing my spider web quilt. I don't have enough blocks to make it large enough, and I just realized seeing yours, that I could add a couple of borders...duh?
Why didn't I think of that?!?!

Susie said...

I love that Cheese and Crackers don in blues. You have also given me the idea I need for a cousin's wedding quilt in September. Only she wants green (I am so not a green person so I will be begging my quilt friends for scraps.)

Judy said...

I like your quilts! The spider web is very nice!! I have done the Cheese and Crackers in pastels and love that pattern.