Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My First Zentangle !

My first Zentangle!. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and looks way better than I expected!

This is a photo rather than a scan, so it is a little blurry, but you get the general idea. You break it down into smaller areas, and it makes it a lot easier to manage. This one took about 5 minutes to do.

Just realized that I have not mentioned our upcoming Quilt Show later this month. I'm on the quilt show committee, putting the program together, worked on the ribbons & awards committee, as well as doing the website. We have over 200 quilt entries this year, nearly 30 vendors in our Merchant Mall, special exhibits and so on. Looks to be a great show. West Houston Quilters Guild puts on a show every other year. And our donation quilt this time is another awesome quilt. The Tin Can Raffle is going to have around 10 BED SIZED quilts this time (I quilted 5 of them). The program is ready to go to the printer and only 3 more quilts to finsih up for the show. Will be glad when this month is over!

5 comments:

Sharon Dixon said...

Betty, you're going to have to explain the Zentangle to me when we have lunch next week. It looks neat, but does it relax you? 'Cause my neck is killing me and I could use some relaxation.

I think we're going to have a great quilt show. I'm looking forward to it....and to all the work being over.

fancystitching said...

Hi Betty,
I am very interested in the Zentangle. Can you give me info about where I can find directions or a pattern for this?
Thanks!
Kathy

Betty said...

I've been getting emails asking about Zentangle. The main website is http://www.zentangle.com, but actual directions are a little harder to find. Check out the Newsletter archive http://www.zentangle.com/whats-new.php . Look in the descriptions for "New Tangle" or "How to draw .." and click on those months.

Roslyn said...

Never heard of a zentangle-please elaborate.
Blessings,
Roslyn

Unknown said...

Hi Betty,
When you spoke about this at one of the bee meeting, I found it very interesting. The picture looks like you drew it or did you in fact use a sewing machine? I think it is very interesting and may help me with my quilting...