Thursday, March 05, 2009

Quilt Show Pictures

This is the other quilt that I won a blue ribbon on. It's a pattern from Bonnies Quiltville website. I call it Waves of Blue because I started it on the Quilting cruise that I went on Jan 2007. I quilted it using the pattern called 'Splash' with blue thread. The red print in the border has little anchors in it.

The other picture is of my buddy Sharon and I with her ribbon winning quilt on the right.

There were some awesome quilts in this show, the Best of Show was a hand quilted applique quilt. IT was beautifully done, and I'm waiting on pictures and will post pictures as soon as I get them back.

This red and green quilt was done by my friend Nita. This was a mystery quilt that she presented at her 70th Birthday party last summer. Several of us made a quilt like this, but I think hers was one of the nicest.

This other quilt was done by Connie B. It is called Nifty Nines, and just about everyone in our Thursday Bee is working on one of these. I think Connie and Nita are the only ones that have actually finished their quilt. Connie, who is relatively new quilter, won a Third place ribbon on this one. It is done in batiks.


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love your quilt! I'm always partial to the 16-patch patterns and yours is really nice.

bingo~bonnie said...

Congratulations to you and your frined for the prize ribbons! You both deserve them!! How neat that they were also hanging side by side. ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie