Friday, December 07, 2007

Carolina Crossroads Mystery Quilt - Part I

Well, I got about 50 of my rail fence blocks completed, and my sewing machine blew a gasket or something. The top stitch looks great, but the under side is giant loops of fabric. It's like the tension totally went away. I re-threaded top several times and reloaded the bobbin. No help. Wonder if they will do emergency repairs on the weekend??? Fotunately, I do have a back up machine.

I'm using dark blues and reds. I have lots of reds in my stash and scraps, so am looking forward to using these in this mystery. As soon as I get the backup machine setup, I'll be able to finish up the last of these rail fences and move on to Part II.

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Your blocks are looking great! I hope to join in the mystery, but not until after Christmas...too busy.

Paula, the quilter said...

I'm living vicariously through everyone else's mystery quilt. I'm enjoying watching them progress.

Phyl said...

I am surfing the CC web ring and checking out all the beautiful works in progress.

I am gonna use red and blue also...am thinking maybe gold as the neutral....that way it will be a graduation gift for my son when he graduates from Navy A School:).

Hugs,

Phyl