Trail Mix 2021 QAL
How To Participate
- Download the FREE quilt pattern from All People Quilt.
- Share the "Trail Mix 2021" icon below on your Facebook or Instagram feed to let us know you're in.
- Follow and share your progress using the #TrailMix2021 hashtag on IO Group list, Instagram or Facebook.
I will be posting 'easier to follow' instructions than the original pattern from APQ. You can work ahead or follow along in these easy steps.
- Week 1 (Jan 7): Introduction, Fabric Requirements.
Start gathering fabrics
Share a comment that you plan to joing us.
(Many of you have already done that on the Stashbuster IO group -
Thank you for GREAT RESPONSE!)
- Week 2 (Jan 11): Make 32 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 3 (Jan 18): Make 72 Four-Patch Blocks, Make 38 Double Four Patch Blocks
- Week 4 (Jan 25): Make 24 Nine-Patch Blocks
- Week 5 (Feb 1): Make 48 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 6 (Feb 8): Assemble 24 Double Nine Patch Blocks
- Week 7 (Feb 15): Make 88 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 8 (Feb 22): Make 88 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 9 (Mar 1): Make 44 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 10 (Mar 8): Make 42 Nine-Patch Blocks
- Week 11 (Mar 15): Layout center of quilt, start sewing rows.
- Week 12 (Mar 22): Cut and Add Borders
- Week 13 (Mar 29): Put it all together
- Week 14 (Apr 5): Show us your Flimsy
Layout Center of Quilt
Borders & Finishing
Note: For Stash-Busting IO members, there are additional files with comments, tips and hints from folks that have done the Trail Mix quilt in the past. Just click on Files/Trail Mix Quilt Along for the files. To join the Stashbuster IO list click here.