Sunday, February 11, 2007

New Project Started.






It was very inspiring to go up and start a new project this evening. I used fabrics from my stash. I had sketched out a simple design from an antique quilt that I had seen a few years ago (but was too pricey for me to purchase). The colors are similar, and I'll post more on that later. Mostly pinks & browns, and indigo blues and shirtings.
I'm almost done getting my studio organized. Here are a couple of pictures to show progress. The first picture shows one of my favorite antiques. It's an Arrow Shirt Display case that I bought at the Tulsa Flea Market about 15 or 20 years ago. Not sure if can tell, but it's mostly filled with 30s/40's reproduction fabrics and sorted by color.
The second picture shows my Gammill in the foreround. Customer quilt is loaded and I'll start on it first thing in the morning.
Time for bed, it's hard work cleaning, organizing and hanging about the house all day!
Later.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

It sure feels good to get your quilting room organized. My room is a mess right now and I really should spend more time to get things in the right place.
Nice quilt you are working on.

Nancy said...

I've been working all weekend on getting my sewing room organized. It still has a loooonggg way to go but at least I can get in the room now. By this weekend I should be able to sew in there and not on the kitchen table.

swooze said...

Nice job! Love the Arrow Shirt display case and would love to see some closer pictures if you get a chance. Maybe with a drawer open! Good job on organizing. My goal is to finish UFOs to make a little room so that I can attempt to organize more.

Darlene said...

Enjoy your organized room!

Happy Valentine's Day!

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

What a great cabinet! How perfect for your fabric!