Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stuff I Want to TRY / DO in 2009

Ideas that have been bouncing around in the back of my head for quite some time. I think putting it writing will get me one step closer to doing it!

These are things that I have always wanted to do, or maybe tried once long long ago and would like to re-visit.

Make silver DANGLE earrings - My friend Linda Minton is going to give us lessons at our retreat in March. I got so excited that I got beads and supplies for SEVERAL projects. See last post for some of the beads that I bought.

Learn to do peyote BEADING - Poor Linda, she dosen't know what she is getting into! I'm counting on her for this one as well! LOL

Carve my own STAMP - We did this in high school art class. I remember I made a closeup of a snail crawling through blades of grass. Made one or two prints, and don't remember whatever happened to it.

Create a ZENTANGLE - Ran across this. How cool! Might buy the kit for someone's birthday in April! Check out their website. http://www.zentangle.com/index.php

KNIT A pair of socks- Started knitting scarves over Christmas. Am working up to SOCKS.

PRINT my own design on fabric - Bought some cool software at Houston Quilt Festival. It is specifically for working with your designs and printing on fabric. Have loaded the software on computer. Next step. . .

Maintain an ART JOURNAL - Got the journal, now just need to get the courage to put MY drawings and ideas on paper. What if someone looks at it??? That is my fear, and what I have to overcome.

Complete a BTB CHALLENGE - First challenge for Beyond the Borders is due in April 2009. Size 20" long by 6 to 12 inches wide. Theme is TREES. Restriction: NO GREEN

Make a fabric FLOOR QUILT- Have all the stuff.... See the book by Ellen Highsmith Silver

Make time for 6 WORKSHOPS - My quilt guild sponsors a workshop nearly every month with nationally known speakers. I learn something from every one that I take.

FINISH one UFO per month - I literally have over a hundred to choose from. Got January done last week!

2 comments:

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Hey Betty!

Good to hear from you!! And thanks for the blog visit to my sewing room! Yes, I'm sure it looks a bit different than it did 6 years ago! Can you believe it?

Keep in touch---

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Betty, you have inspired me to make up a list of my own ... too many "wannado's" to keep in my tiny brain anymore! And I LOVE your January UFO Basket Quilt!